"Unforgiveness is a bait which Satan uses to trap people especially Christians".
The above is an excerpt from the inspiring book "I FORGIVE FOR MY SAKE" written by Apostle Geoffrey D. Numbere (of blessed memory), Founding Father of the Ministry of Greater Evangelism World Crusade .
During the review, the book reviewer gave a brief information about the author, Apostle Geoffrey D. Numbere. He was born in1944 and ascended to glory in 2014. He was converted on May 11, 1969 and spent his life labouring in God's vineyard. The book was published in 2014 with 21 chapters and 194 pages. The foreword of the book was written by Dr Oluwafemi O. Martins of West Africa Theoretical Seminary (WATS) and a lot of comments written by different individuals.
Furthermore, Pastor A. Iyagba highlighted reasons why the author was the right person to write about forgiveness.
- The author experienced a miraculous conversation that led him to repentance and forgiveness
- He had a slogan that says 'We do not teach people how to make money but we teach people how to make heaven"
- The author had mentioned earlier how he feels disappointed about how people whom he had been of assistance to disappointed him and how he felt hurt to the point were he felt no more hurt by the actions of men
- His life and teachings were also centered on forgiveness
In addition, the book is necessary at this time because Easter is a time of forgiveness, the rapture is at hand and we cannot live a crucified life without forgiveness.
The power to live a life of forgiveness is only possible when we have an encounter of the cross.
Some highlighted lessons from the book are:
- God initiated the whole idea and process of forgiveness (John 3:16)
- Forgiveness is a debt we owe (Matthew 18:21-35)
- Unforgiveness is a sin and has consequences
- Unforgiveness defiles a man (Mathew 15:10-20)
- Unforgiveness can grieve the spirit, expose one to the devil, hinder family prayers and cause one to have a shortened life
- We forgive others to free ourselves from the tormentors (Mathew 18:34)
- Vengeance belongs to God (Deuteronomy 32:35a).
- Forgiveness has the power to break the jinx in our life and society
This book also covers the characteristics of a forgiving heart, gives in depth analysis on the amendment of laws in the Old testament and considers the blood of Abel versus the blood of Jesus. It also contains real testimonies of people who had to forgive, for example, a young lady who had to forgive her rapists and the killers of her family.
To purchase this book, kindly visit our bookshop, Crusaders’ Bookshop, 1 Club Road, Lagos Bus Stop, Port Harcourt. Contact: +234 806 866 8846